Saturday, June 26, 2010

Newest Pairing with a Twist

I have been trying to find the perfect beads and pattern to match this shirt since the fall just after I started bead weaving.  Learning the herringbone stitch has opened up alot of possibilities and I came across this free pattern at Ruby's Beadwork site and I had all the beads collected so I started it when we were camping in the Delaware Gap (but that ADD thing bit me in the butt again so it sat for a little bit) Anyway as I was making it somehow I thought it would look cool twisted and since the beads on the sides were there I simply zipped it up into a bangle.  Again I ask that you not look to close as my stitching is not perfect but I think the pairing is!

Always Believe
Kristen
PS  I have 19 followers now THANK YOU!  I hope I can keep you all interested!

9 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous, Kristen! Nice color combo and I love the twisted flow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Juls! That's means alot coming from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! NOT fair! Now I want cotton candy, or was that a peppermint twist??? LOL! Love the bracelet- no calories and no decision!! Just wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much I wore it at Derek's party yesterday and got alot of great comments! It is a fun bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's sooo pretty and looks great with that color of your shirt. I really like the spiral pattern and the different size and shape of the beads, that makes it very interesting. You did a lovely job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh forgot to mention that you are doing a wonderful job on your blog and I can tell you right now that nobody is bored.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you like the blog I wouldn't want anyone thinkin that I'm boring:) Although sometimes I think I am! This is the bracelet Shelby calls 'the pink nightmare' she is not so big on pink (but I did catch her trying to steal it once:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks perfect to me...the colour combo is pretty too. I am yet to learn Herringbone so well done on learning that stitch too and thanks for the link - I might give that bracelet a go!

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should it is so easy and fun. I think learning new stitches is fantastic although it can also be frusterating! ;) Rubys Beadwork has a lot of patterns to try and I think you will like trying them to!

    Hugs always!

    ReplyDelete

I so love visitors so please let me know you were here so I don't get lonely! Cyber Hugs!