Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Hero

I need to tell you all about someone who holds my utmost respect, admiration, awe and yes my heart.  There have been many challenges over the years.  Embarrassments that would have made anyone crawl into a hole but not her.  Violence that she has had to endure for being a good person and again she faced it head on.  This week has once again tested her metal and she has once again shown me a strength that is beyond compare.  I am not saying that the effects haven't left her feeling alone, scared, hurt and just plain tired.  No she has broken down and even let the fear overwhelm her at times but then this strength comes from deep within her fibers and a light shines through her.  She somehow picks herself up and faces the challenge head on.  No not without fear but with determination that she will not let those who wish to control or condemn her for her beliefs win.  For that I am....well honestly words can not express how lucky I am that she came into my life.  Those of you close to me know that this has been a horrible week and a half for her and have sent you her love and for that she and I are truly blessed.  For those of you who don't know yet who I am referring to I am telling you right now and for all the world to know.....

MY DAUGHTER IS MY HERO!

It has been very hard at this stage in her life that although we can be there to help her through it and support her decisions we ultimately can not fix the situation.  As a parent that is the worst feeling but we have made contact and insured that those who can fix the issue she is facing right now realize the seriousness and urgency it requires to fix and protect her.
Hugs and Blessings

KK

11 comments:

  1. Wow Kristen - I can really feel the depth of your love in this post. All my prayers to Shelby and whatever her challenges may be at this time. Sounds like you raised an amazingly strong young woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both are very lucky people. Not every mother feels this for their daughter. Not every daughter has a mother that accepts and supports her for who she is.

    Its truly a blessing.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♥ Love ♥
    Need I say more!
    {Hugs to you Both!}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing Shelby courage & strength to deal with what life has thrown in her way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Said Kristen- I can feel the love in your words! I hope things improve for her and that you can find some peace with whatever the situation is..My thoughts are with you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything will be fine with the child when mom is so loving!!! Hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was the most passionate and most loving blog post I read in the last few months. You are an amazing mother! Wish your daughter enough strength to face whatever comes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope everything is alright with Shelby! Your love for her shines through and it helps to know you are there for her. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Take care both of you! Huge hugs being sent your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope that positive forces and powers are now prevailing in both yours and Shelby's life.

    Sometimes life is more than just a few ups and downs and bumps in the road, sometimes it can be brutal and leave us with bruised egos, broken hearts and scared souls. Through it all it makes us stronger to stand up for ourselves and for what we believe. May God bless you both and may his gentle hand continue to give you both courage and solace. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome post, Kristen! I'm also really proud of Shelby and her strength! Good for her. And good for you being the mom you are. A truly loving and accepting and encouraging mom. Love that! Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post is already a few weeks old, so I hope that things have gotten better for both of you. I am one of those people that believes everything happens for a reason, even if we can't see it right now. Take great care! Thinking of you both.

    ReplyDelete

I so love visitors so please let me know you were here so I don't get lonely! Cyber Hugs!