Monday, March 31, 2014

Art Jewelry Elements March Component Reveal - In Flight

Welcome again to our monthly reveal of the amazing components our team makes.  This month is....
Caroline of BlueberriBeads!

As with all of our teams creations I love working with Caroline's beads in fact I covet several like these...





This is what she offered us this month....

I once again meant to take a pic of what she sent me but then before I knew it I had already attached the chain,  LOL

Here are the seeds I chose for this project.  I know you will not be able to see it in the pictures but there is a goldish pink in the glazing that just caught my eye.

My crazy life had me thinking how wonderful it would be to see a Luna Moth in flight and get lost in it so this is the chain I decided to work with.  
I totally forgot to mention in when I published this post that I was totally inspired by this pattern my Leslee Frumin that was featured by Jennifer of Beading Daily in this post.
I felt that with the size of this gorgeous Moth I needed a substantial chain to balance it and the twisting is so pretty I couldn't help it.  Also there is a fun texture on the edge because I used peanut beads.  I was trying really hard to finish this before I posted but I have been posting so late I decided to post a work in progress piece instead.

I am liking the way this is turning out but I know it is not something that most would like.  

Thank you Caroline this is a treasure to me!!!

Please check out what everyone else has made,  I can't wait to see
Kristen


17 comments:

  1. I love the soft colors and interesting lines of the beadwork. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love it! Your beaded chain really flows and creates a beautifully unique piece. I love the little peanuts, they really show off the movement in the rope.

    Thank you for joining me in the challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl! Love how well that rope works with the moth! You're right the peanuts add a great texture. Can't wait to see what kind of clasp you decide upon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great Kristen - the soft colours and twists give it a lovely ethereal twilight feel...perfect for the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not really sure why you think it is something most people wouldn't like. Your work is gorgeous and you know it so stop being pouty pout pout! The necklace is looking fantastic! Don't make me pinch you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work, love the colors and those peanut beads add a great touch to the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You beading is nothing short of SUPERB! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - you really nailed it. Love the beaded ribbon with Caroline's gypsy moth focal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a stunning start to a design! I love the big pearly beads at the connection points. The ribbon is bold in size and with the spiral movement but because of the subdued colors it doesn't take away from the moth, it really adds to it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the delicate ribbon effect of your bead work with this lovely focal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love that twisted rope with this focal - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kristin,
    I think that the twisted beaded chain is perfect for the Luna Moth. I love pink and gray together.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  13. The twisty rope reminds me of moths flitting and flying through a garden. Its perfect! The peanuts on the trim are a great textured accent. I would wear this necklace a lot. Give yourself more credit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colors! Yes! What a lovely way to accent the flash in the glaze with the alternating flash of pink. And as to people not liking it - whatever. Different strokes. For every "eh" there will be three "OMG!"s.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like it a lot - the beads are great with the pendant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pendant has such a beautiful Art Nuevo look and the way you incorporated it in the necklace is lovely and unique.
    btw - I loved Beading Daily's feature on you and your use of the twisted herringbone stitch in the making of this amazing necklace. :)

    ReplyDelete

I so love visitors so please let me know you were here so I don't get lonely! Cyber Hugs!