Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Art Jewelry Elements Component of the Month Reveal - Sue

Can you believe it is May 31st already.  Where did the spring go?  I know mine has been filled with visits with family and a bit of sickness but all and all it was a good month.  Here we are at the reveal of Sue of SueBeads component of the month reveal.

I love these little cabochons!  I received a star and two hearts.  Since May was just so busy I did not get to using all of them but I did start with the star.  As always I was so excited I did not get a picture of them before I started playing.  Here is what I have for the star at this moment.

I initially wanted to frame the star but I think my E6000 needs to be replaced because I couldn't get the star to stay on the backing.  I hated to cover any of it with beads but I am actually really pleased with how it turned out. In my stash I found these other stars that just seemed to beg to play so I did them up the same.

Now I have to tell you this is only the second time I have tried to make multiple embroidered components for a necklace.  I love the look of the ones that I have seen but I have yet to be brave enough to go to this level.

As you can see I am a bit stuck at this point.  I have yet to decide how to make the strap.  First I have run out of silver beads so I was thinking I could go with navy and white for it.

I have a few ideas but nothing has given me that "YES" moment.

Be sure to hop to our other guest and team members blogs to see what they were inspired to create.

Guests


AJE Team Members


9 comments:

  1. Great start! I love how the beads trap the stars. Gorgeous! Get it finished so we can see the rest of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're amazing! I love how you've caged the little stars, can't wait to see it finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I love how you captured those stars! Had I been creative enough to think of that, I would have turned Sue's star cab into a ring focal! Very nice bead work Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen, I love how you have captured the star in those tiny seed beads and the colours are great can't wait to see what you end up doing with this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stars or flowers. I see both the way you have captured them. It almost enhances the shape with the beads over the valleys. I think omitting the silver will work because then the silver you DID use will pop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. COOL IDEA! I would have never thought of wrapping the cab with beads, that is just brilliant! I too had some fights with my E6000 and then a friend finally said "file the back to roughen it up" (is roughen a real word?) then they stuck! The blue is perfect color for the strap, can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristen, keep moving forward this is going to be stunning when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are totally cute! I see flowers as well...with some Russian leaves and a little "slide" loop on the back, those would be so cute just on a royal blue herringbone neckpiece. Or make them "shooting stars" with a bit of fringe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kristen, The embellished stars are adorable. After having admired so many of your pieces all I can say is don't let the multiples intimidate you. You are talented enough to make something absolutely beautiful. Just play with them. If you don't like it you can always take it out and try again.

    ReplyDelete

I so love visitors so please let me know you were here so I don't get lonely! Cyber Hugs!