Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Official Review - Jayceepatterns

Bare with me my dear friends as I hab a cood!  I wanted to post this yesterday but unfortunately I first ran out of energy then well I was hoping for a bit of sunshine for my picture but that isn't looking like it is going to happen.  I also want to thank you all so much for the support for Shelby this past week.  She is doing well right now and we are hoping it stays that way. On to the fun!

Jaycee of jayceepatterns really needs you all to give her some major love for me. If you remember a while back I did a little review of a free pattern of hers, a Russian spiral variation.  She liked it so much that SHE approached me to do this review for her AND knowing that I most likely did not have the beads for it she sent them to me.  Yes I know I was so blown away by not only her generosity but that she had so much faith in me and values my opinion you could have knocked me over with a feather. She not only deserves my loyalty but also my trust and friendship.  Thank you Jaycee.

Here is Spanish Lace

Now isn't that gorgeous?  This pattern looks crazy to try and stitch doesn't it?  Let me tell you it is not and if it weren't for waiting for the beads to arrive and the drama of last week I would have posted it so much sooner.  This pattern flows so easily and her diagrams are spot on.  I find it funny now that when I get a pattern to review I first read through the whole thing to see if I can work easily or if a serious amount of concentration.  This requires attention but not brain binding in any way.  Also it has the benefit of not feeling as if all you are doing is repeating the same stitch.  You know what I mean I hope.  Here is the funniest part yet though.  I do not like "flat" beadwork.  I like "beefy" and dimensional but I am TOTALLY IN LOVE with this piece. The feel of it, the look of it and let's face it, it is just plain gorgeous!  She has also designed a necklace and earrings to go with it and I WILL be getting those as soon as I can get the beads to do it.  Here they are and the links are in the pictures.


I am so thrilled that she had that much faith in me and I can never thank her enough for that!

I need a nap now.

Hugs and Blessings
KK

16 comments:

  1. Wow, Kristen, she's not the only one thankful for you doing this. Me too! I would have looked at it and said, very pretty, but not me. After your great explanations, I think I need to get this to make for a dear friend. Thanks so much, and eat some chicken soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaycee is such a talented bead artist, I love all of her stuff! She is also extra kind, helpful and very friendly. I can only say good things about her and it was a pleasure to read your review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen... I wubs this bracelet! LOVE!!!! Even with your explanation, it still looks amazingly complicated and I'll leave it to you, zen bead master to show us all how it's done!

    Beautiful girly! Feel better soon!
    {Hugs!}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so intricate, beautiful and hard! I don't think I would have considered trying it without your excellent review. I love the earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen - you don't know how much i appreciate your review. Your bracelet is beautiful - thank you so much.
    I hope you feel better soon!
    jaycee

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done such a spectacular job I think I might have to give this one a try myself... so many pretty patterns on her site. Thanks for sharing.

    I hope you feel better soon.

    Karyn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I really love this pattern! I'm like you and like beefier pieces as well but this looks very intricate and delicate... I really want to try it now! How fun that you got to review it and very generous of her to send you the beads to get started :)
    I want to add that I'm still new to the 'bead world' but I am constantly amazed at the generosity and friendliness of everyone I have met so far!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! I LOOOOOOOOOVE this one!!! That cuff is great and I love reading your reviews! Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Kristen this is just gorgeous. It's very expensive looking -- the combination of her pattern and your bead choice is a win win! Love it, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. christine darlin if you are reading this please e-mail me because I would so love to talk to you more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SHe should have that much faith in you, your beading is beautiful! I think you are more talented then you give yourself credit for. Once again, you have made a stunning piece!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jacyee's patterns are very nice, one of here free patterns is how I learned the triangle weave!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bracelet is beautiful but the matching necklace is simply gorgeous. Went to Jaycee's website and found it mesmerizing, each one of her designs is just amazing.

    Hope you were able to shake that cold quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this bracelet is fabulous! Really, really beautiful. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I so love visitors so please let me know you were here so I don't get lonely! Cyber Hugs!