Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hershey Bars and Chocolate Shakes.....

What a week!  First thank you to everyone that commented on my tribute to my mom.  She was one hell of a woman good and bad and I miss her very much.

This also has been a scatterbrained and hectic week for me.  And here is a picture of what I mean!


You can always tell when my focus is off by my bead tray!  I was bouncing between learning new stitches trying old ones and examining my bead stash.  I volunteered a Derek's school on Tuesday and we had a field trip to the pumpkin patch on Wednesday.  Ain't he just the cutest!


So back to my bead tray and an explanation of the title of my post.  I have been wanting to learn brick stitch and a friend sent me a pattern but I wasn't sure if the elements in the pattern were to bold for me to wear so I began to change it up a bit.  I also thought I was working on a "Margie and Me" entry but now I think the colors are too dark for that.  Anyway I really seemed to just go with the flow and also use what my stash had and when I finished the first one I had to make a couple more.  When I showed the first one to my sweet hubby he said "that would be a great pendent and you could make matching earrings"  Ok not to say that is an absolutely fab idea but it doesn't fit my goal (well now it might as between Lori's gorgeous pendent Iam working on the perfect chain still, Dawn for her inspiration and the Fabulishousness of the spectacular Julsbeads I have I have now gone into necklace parings)  Now when Shelby saw them she said they look like snowflakes hence (HA to Shelby) the song "If all of the Snowflakes were Hershey Bars and Chocolate Shakes" is all I can think of when I see them!  You tell me.....


I would like to tell you that I rummaged through my sweet hubby's workshop for that brick stitched ring but.....I made him get them for me when he was at the hardware store.  I am not sure how to combing both components but...........Oh wait I wanted to try this......

It is the cutest little bead but I have no idea what to do with it......Wait I know I think I will start the chain for that gorgeousness of a bead I got from Juls...........

Hummm......I am not so sure if these are the right colors for a twisted herringbone..........OMG I just figured out how to finish my other Juls creation.....AND GUESS WHAT?????

IT"S MY FIRST FINISHED ORANGE BEADED CREATION!  And I love this.  I need to find some orange pj's for those pj fashion days!

I am trying to catch up with all my blogger buddies but when you have a few days away from blogger catching up takes time and so does my sweet family!

Coming soon....Shelby's and my beady adventure, getting to know my stash and my early birthday presents!

Hugs and Blessings
KK

11 comments:

  1. Those are all so cute! I love looking at the teeny bead stuff 'cause I can only handle BIG beads with my patience - those are lovely! You have a great eye for color too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your brick stitch pieces.. I think they would look great in a necklace as focals with some beads in between.

    I am intrigued by the brick stitch ring. Does it stay in place or do you remove it at the end of stitching? I have never seen such a thing here in Australia... me wants one!!!! Can you point me in the direction of where to find them?

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for finishing your orange beaded necklace! It is beautiful, and I know Julz will love seeing what you have created with her fabulous beads. Loving those brick stitched components too! You're on a roll, my friend...keep 'em coming! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have No patience for small beads but what you do is really beautiful! I admire you bc you love what you do! I started in small beading but found it wasnt my calling. It must be very relaxing to bead. I live in Texas and know a fabulous beader her name is Royelle Giddings. Shes way talented as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the brick stitch pieces. The color combo is fab. I know you will figure out just how you want to combine the pieces. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like chocolate "snowflakes" and orange necklace is beautiful... Impossible to say what I like more. All pieces are nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those chocolate snowflakes! I totally hear ya about too many projects going. I had to make myself NOT bead this weekend to get caught up on some computer work that I had fallen behind on. Can't wait to see what you do with those goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You go girl! I love the final piece you did with Juls beads - FABULOUS!! I really like the color combination you did with the snowflakes and the tiny bead is so cute! You have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the pieces--especially the "chocolate" ones!

    Your workspace looks way more organized than mine right now, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so funny. I love this post and the things you are making. Your work space is so darn organized!!!! Again I love the way your blog looks.
    hugs
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  11. G O R G E O U S.

    Your stitching on those components is flawless~ love the colors and designs. GREAT job.

    LOVE LOVE LOVE the necklace. I don't get to see finished pieces using my beads very often, and if it's okay with you I am going to snag that one for a gallery.

    You rock, KK!

    ReplyDelete

I so love visitors so please let me know you were here so I don't get lonely! Cyber Hugs!