Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Challenge of Music


Welcome to Erin's Challenge of Music.  This is the third challenge that I have done with her and usually they are totally out of my comfort zone.  This one....No!  Music is a huge part of my life.  I have so many songs that I can hear to bring back specific memories and all the feelings that go with them.  I do love all different genre's of music and when I first signed up I had 3 very different songs in mind but the song and memory attached to this Challenge are from the Monster Ballad's of the 80's.

The night I signed up and was looking through my stash we (my hubby, Derek and I) were listening to music.  We do this a lot as a family but this time as Michael was looking through his extremely extensive (he has already filled an 8g I pod) he noticed we did not have any Great White.  This was a shock to say the least.  Great White was one of the best bands (in my opinion) and has a very very significant part in the beginning of my life with Michael.  "Save all your love" was the second song he ever sang to me.  The lyrics are so us and in fact this was almost our wedding dance song but the DJ didn't have it.  As we listened to it that night it was as if we were both transported back to that time and at the same time we see that it still has as much significance as it used to.
Now I have the song.  Inspiration for the design comes from Nancy Dale's Lila Tutorial
This is an incredibly well written and oh so inspiring tutorial!

I have been waiting to review this tutorial because one of the greatest gift's is when you can take the designers pattern that is written so well and morph it.  I had been working on this very morph but had hit a stumbling block.  I wanted a "love" style bracelet but I didn't want it to actually say it in your face.  I had played with these components and now I had the inspiration to finish them.  Oh you know me I try to make everything harder than it should be and all that I was trying just wasn't working.  Until  I just listened to the beads.  But listening to them and doing what they wanted was no easy task.  I should have taken a picture of them before I tied up all the loose threads...OH MY!
Now since I only just finished it Monday night I will also tell you that I am still a little leery on the double toggle I made.  We will see if I come up with something different. For me this is a very personal piece so I have to say the rest of it I LOVE! 
Here is the set of "Save All Your Love"

Pictures are total courtesy of Dawn because she can totally rock crappy ass pictures!

And you can also thank Nascar's Juan Pablo Montoya for causing a huge delay in the already postponed Daytona 500 Monday night as I was able to create the pendent and beginning of the chain while waiting for the finish. (yes my dear friends I stayed up til the end at 1:15am)

The pendent is totally inspired by My favorite verse....
"And here in my heart
where no one else will ever be.
We've come so far
So Baby stay with me!"

I hope you all enjoy the rest of the hop!  Thank you so much Erin for putting this all together and letting me be a part of it!


PS my friends I may or may not be able to view all of your lovelies today as I had to get a cortisone shot in my foot and stairs are not going to be a friend to me if it is hurting as much as the last time.  I will get there it just may take me a while.

Hugs and Blessings
KK

33 comments:

  1. Girl you nailed it! I love it - so, so, I just don't have the words. Just that it is fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely set!Full lof LOVE:-)
    Hugs-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic set-full of LOVE!
    Greetings-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!!!!!!!!! How gorgeous!!! I LOVE what you made!!! I never thought of the bracelet idea, and I am soooooooo impressed with how wonderfully it came out for you!! And the heart pendant is just incredible - now I want to make one!! (You'll have to share how you managed THAT, lol!!) ;) Fab song, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great song, and GORGEOUS pieces. Wow, wow, wow! The earrings look like they should have been on hte red carpet this past Sunday....that heart is adorable...the bracelet is stunning. Bravo! I love how it relates to the song too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, I just don't know how you are not cross eyed from all those tiny beads, lol. You did a great job and I love love love that tiny heart. You so need to make me 2 of them for earrings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the earring - those are stunning and would totally be oscar red carpet worthy! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful set, very glamorous! How wonderful that the song still evokes sweet memories between you and your husband! That is true love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your designs are stunning! I love both the inspiration and the meaning behind the song.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great White?!?! Holy Flashbacks batman! I listened to them on rewind way to many times than I want to admit to right now ;) And your set is just lovely - the colors are perfect for this song, and those tiny seed beads incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful jewellery -- I love that heart! And the song's so good too (trying to think of whether I've heard it before or not).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh My---this is beautiful!!!! beyond beautiful!!! we should all have a love this rich and wear it for all to see!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could listen to that song over and over again. Thanks for reminding me of this great band!

    Your pieces are stunning in their beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your set is just gorgeous! I love the heart, but I love the entire set. It really does say LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  15. One of my favorite songs! Thanks for share and the tutorial :) xoxo Beth

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful set! Now you and your hubby needs to take out to a place where you can wear it and dance to this song.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! You nailed it! So glamorous and fits the lyrics perfectly! I keep going back to that bracelet... SHOW STOPPER!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woooow! I am like floored! Gorgeous pieces, wonderful story, and lovely song <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kristen,
    Wow your set is gorgeous I love the way the silver makes the red stand out and they are perfect representations of the song.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just don't have words for how gorgeous these are. I am so in awe of this my friend. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow they are glam and intense! Love stitched in every link...

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is intense and passionate and dripping with desire. Woah! You two must have much love going on in that house of yours, Miss Kristen! ;-) I love what you did. So regal and heart felt. What you do with seed beads is amazing to me. My eyes are hurting just thinking about it! I am so happy that you could participate and share your personality through song with us! Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful set of jewelry! I'm in love with the heart pendant. It's gorgeous.

    I like that you chose a song with so much personal meaning. It's funny how music can take us back in time, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful bracelet. I love your double toggle and the little heart is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kristen, I love this!! I can see it in a high end jewelry boutique. I am amazed :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my gosh these pieces are fabulous! They remind me of Elizabeth Taylor's glorious rocks!! Great job, they are so gorgeous you and your love will need to go out for sure just so you can show these off!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yummy, delicious, and so elegant! I love the little heart with the beautiful spot of red. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Kristen, I am totally in awe of your beadwork. It is such a mystery to me... your pieces are absolutely divine.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What beautiful pieces! They're like heirloom jewellery. LOVE the heart pendant. Thanks for commenting on my BSBP post.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Kristen, wow, wow, wow!! That is totally gor-juss! Need to find out more about this musically-involved challenge you are doing...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  31. love all that read! fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow Holly Gorgeous!!! I hope your foots better I had those cortisone shots too and they are not fun! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

I so love visitors so please let me know you were here so I don't get lonely! Cyber Hugs!