Friday, July 31, 2015

Art Jewelry Elements Component of the Month - Silverniknats

It is that time again.  This month is hosted by the lovely Niky of silverniknats.

I told Niky to surprise me and she did.  It is funny that every time I hear the word farthing I am instantly transported to my youth and watching one of my favorite Disney movies.  Robin Hood.  Do any of you remember the little bunny's birthday and he got "a whole farthing"?  To tell you the truth I have always wanted to hold a farthing since then.

I have to show you the cute packaging she sent it in.

I have no idea what but I am going to put this little tin to special use.  It is just so cute.

Because the hole was side to side and I really wanted to make it a pendant I bezelled it.  Once I finished that I saw that it needed something to really take it to the next level.  Then I remembered these components that I have been hoarding since Christmas.

The AJE team did a secret Santa exchange and this is what I received from the fabulous Melissa of MelismaticArtJewelry.  Then it hit me.

I have been a bit obsessed with making longer necklaces as of late but have had such a hard time with the pendant drop part.  This time it just came together so perfect that I can not help but wear it every chance I get.

Thank you Niky and Melissa for helping me take it to the next level!  Make sure to visit what everyone else has created by going to Art Jewelry Elements.

Hugs
KK

10 comments:

  1. Wow, Kristen! This is an awesome pendant and necklace. It amazes me to see what different artists create when using the same focal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW Kristen! Just amazing! I would never have thought that it would be possible to bezel a coin bead with seed beads that must have been so fiddly but it looks Amazing!!! I love the colours that you have put with it and Melissa pieces are beautiful, it all just looks like it was made to go together, just perfect!!!! Thank you so much for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Kristen - love the restricted palette...it gives your design real impact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing work! I love how you used subdued colors with the clasp yet it seems to really shine. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's beautiful, I love the subtle colours, it gives your design a wonderful rich feel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Kristen! Love the combination of components/artists/beads/colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! I love how you took three separate components and made them into a cohesive & beautiful pendant! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the subtle palette of the metal colors and tones. I like the floral elements on the farthing, and the heart even reads as a leaf to me also. Really you have taken It up to the next level!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your work as always - this is really pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a match that was "meant to be", glad that you came to that conclusion because the necklace turned out truly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I so love visitors so please let me know you were here so I don't get lonely! Cyber Hugs!