Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Look what I pulled out of my beady ...oh yeah brain

This is a project that has been in the works for a while.  I have a small back story (but by all means skip it if you are tired of my babble ;) )  You all know that I am in need of a 12 step program for t-shirt buying right?  so I was wandering through Walmart and I saw a shirt (no way, right) and I did not own this color (notice I said did not, because you know I do now)  When I got it home I went right to my bead stash and found that in my haste to buy all the beads I could (without any projects in mind) I had a perfect match in 15/0's.  I had also purchases some hammered rings at the same time and.......my first mixed media project was born!  I took elements of other designs and my secret love of chain maille and went to work!

Now part of the reason it took a while is first I ran out of beads (but my sweet hubby liked the bracelet so it was Artbeads to the rescue!)  Then let's face it I have Crafting ADD and started a few others while waiting.  Did you also know that 15/0's can drive yours eyes buggy?  

Well  TA DA!!
I did use a new stitch I think at this point I have mastered and have seen beaded rings in many other designs but I think my interpretation is pretty unique, How bout you?

Also here is a pic of the spark I had from all the turquoise and orange projects.  I only had enough of the turquoise beads for 3 and inside are grommets that I found at Home Depot (gotta love a hardware store)  I am not sure what to put it with so it will probably sit for a while but I wanted to get any opinions that you have to offer.


Well, we are off to Playground so I will check in later!

Hugs Always
Kristen

9 comments:

  1. I love this, I think you should find a way to attach the little turquoise rounds to the shirt. I think it would be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so had that same thought but I think they are too heavy to attach. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen, so happy to have found your blog too! and oh my goodness are you TALENTED!! Just look at these tops. I would LOVE to wear one with such gorgeous details! :-)
    Cindy
    www.sweetbeadstudio.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I love this! Oh, and this is not really part of your t-shirt collection since it's beaded. It falls under beading supplies so therefore you don't really need a t-shirt intervention. Can you tell I have a lot of practice in rationalizing crafting-addictive behavior LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot, it's finally finished! :-D I love, love, LOVE this Kristen...you are one clever lady ;-) You know how much I love mixing seed beads with metal, so I think this bracelet is just fabulous! You've really thought outside the square here, which just shows what a talented designer you are. You go, girl! :-D

    I love your turquoise and orange rounds too (you know how much I LOVE that combination of colours!) As for attaching the rounds to the metal components, all I can suggest would be a simple loops of seed beads from the rounds through the centre of the components and back to the rounds again. Ok, that was about as clear as mud but I'm a sleep-deprived mother, my brain isn't what it used to be! LOL Can't wait to see what you do with these, you'll think of something to make it work, I'm sure :-) B. -xo-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kristen! I just got your note. I learned how to do beaded beads from a book called The Beaded Bead by Jean Campbell. There was a rough little version of those peyote beaded beads, and I just went crazy creating my own. I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Ladies! You are all so sweet to me

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous pieces! I can't believe what you did with those grommets!

    ReplyDelete

I so love visitors so please let me know you were here so I don't get lonely! Cyber Hugs!